Welcome to Prospect – a support group for prostate cancer patients, their wives, partners and carers
Prospect is run by prostate cancer survivors for the benefit of the communities in Bristol and surrounding districts
We are a friendly and supportive network that aims to:
- Support men who suspect they may have prostate cancer or who have been diagnosed and feel they need more information or support to decide on the best way forward.
- Provide a local informal meeting place for prostate cancer patients, where personal experiences of treatments can be exchanged.
- Keep patients in touch with medical professionals and up-to-date knowledge of medical developments and local arrangements for treatment.
- Champion the cause of prostate cancer patients and encourage all men over 50 to receive an annual PSA check.
- Raise awareness of prostate cancer.
We have found that knowledge is of great benefit to the patient. It enables him to play an active part in the decision-making process, for example in selecting the best treatment.
We offer a friendly welcome – come and join us
Are you just diagnosed, or do you suspect that you may have prostate cancer? Then call or text our helpline on 07585 963535 for friendly peer support and an introduction to Prospect.
This site has been compiled by prostate cancer survivors. We do not claim to have specialist knowledge other than that gained by prostate cancer patients during the course of their treatment.